Monday, September 26, 2016

How To Get Over an Art Plateau

2 of my paintings

When you are making progress on anything in any medium will naturally phase where it gets stuck in learning. When I started I was improving at a very steady and fast pace. The day I hit my first major plateau was a big disappointment for me. I did not know how to react and almost paralyzed all my career for some time. Eva thigh had teachers around me who told me what was going on, I still could not help feeling that maybe never would. Plateau that lasted for almost a year. Honestly, I could have gotten over that plague much faster if you knew what I knew now. So let me go about it.

1) Take breaks - I never gave a single prolonged interruption when he was practicing first. Some people argue that that's what you should do when you start to learn a skill. Put in enough mileage so that it becomes a habit. That may be great, but take periodic breaks every few hours can give space to breathe and digest to look at what you are doing. Programmed pauses that allows you to reset your brain and recover. If you are in the gym and work a muscle every day, it is not given time to grow and recover muscles much stronger. Do not keep banging your head against a metal wall, because it will not yield positive results but will leave scars. Look at the brain just sometimes need to be allowed to stop thinking, therefore, the recommendation for breaks. It could be in the form of a walk, a movie, spending time with loved ones or just sitting in the park, but whatever you choose, remember to take breaks.

2) Understand that are like elsewhere Everybody used to see certain students accelerate very quickly in class and become a great success early in his career. I used to see people as if they were something different than I do. It was an excuse he had created in my mind if I failed. I needed to understand that they were the same as me, and there was no excuse for failure. Once I realized if a person could do something, then I knew I was capable of doing so. So stop limiting yourself; in fact, if you really want to succeed as an artist, then you need to think of the impossible and dream bigger than you. You never feel that you can not achieve a particular thing; Remember, you are the architect of your life and there is no excuse for failure.

3) Have Fun - This was the hardest part for me. I do everything routine task. No matter what I've done in my life I have become work and you felt like work. This was something that was very difficult for me and still overcome times. Remember why you started to draw. It was about creating things out of my mind and leisurely fun with it. I started to take my ego into the equation and it was drawing to have a good result and not the drawing for the sake of drawing itself.

Well, you have to learn to enjoy art; that is, when you will be able to put more life into what will draw and you will be satisfied. So no matter how hectic your schedule might be, learn to just have fun with art and play a little because it reduces stress and opens the mind to new possibilities. So these are some things I got over my plateau in record time. I hope you found these tips helpful. And graphic happy.

For the cool artist pencil case bag, please go to:  http://arm-adillo.com/blog-plateau.html

No comments:

Post a Comment